Monday, July 22, 2013

The modern age ad lingo

I've seen many advertisements in my life, and been warned against quite a few of them. But this one takes the cake.



I watched tearfully as a daughter brings a smile to her mother's face, I smiled at two old friends digging up their little treasure, I was touched by a writer going to thank her old school teacher. That is, until I saw what it was...an advertisement for a hair product. Gosh! You took our revolutionary spirit and marketed it as beer, you took our freedom and gave us sports shoes, you took our villages and sold it to us as coca-cola, you took our forests and made refrigerators of them, you took our mountains and made bottled water, and now you take our feelings, our innermost thoughts and emotions and make beauty products! Will anything be left of me that is my own?

No comments:

Post a Comment