Tuesday, June 25, 2013

More about writing

I can't help that I have to keep talking about writing. It's something I enjoy doing a lot. And I know I'd good at it, if I could just get the hang of having my sentences flow together. Get those perfect sentences more often than I do.

Does this happen to you where you have a part of a sentence and it sounds good and then it just goes downhill from there. Like part of my sentence goes, "a human-rights rhetoric runs through" but that's all I've got. The rest is all normal stuff. I have others like that - "....have questioned the black and white logic of the abortion debates...", "...hey deftly weave in the added complexity...". Not all great of course, but in a different league from what comes before and after (which I don't have the temerity to present here).

My other problem is when I want to use a particular word in a place cuz I think it'd sound great, but the word doesn't mean what it should mean in that context. but it sounds perfect. Shakespeare never had that problem. He'd use the word anyway. Even if such a word didn't even exist! But unfortunately, humble souls like myself are constrained by the limits of this soulless society, and have to not only use words that exist but also use words to mean what they actually mean and not what we want them to mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment