Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Writing

For the past few months I see fully formed sentences in my head on something that I want to write about. I never really end up writing them though. I wonder why that is. My urge to write is decreasing. When I do write, I'm no longer satisfied with how I sound. What is my voice? I don't know myself. My writing is not beautiful or poetic. Neither is it humorous nor dark and disturbed. Or even matter-of-fact. If I ever wrote a book, I wonder what the critics would say about my writing style. Sometimes I do well. I write well. I write these sentences that sound perfect. But they get lost in the numerous un-perfect sentences so that I'm the only one noticing them. I wonder if it'll fix itself if I write more..or will I just be writing a lot more of mediocre stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment