Thursday, November 15, 2012

the end of an era

I never thought I'd come to say this but when I watched Jab Thak Hai Jaan yesterday I was truly and honestly sorry that Yash Chopra was gone. It isn't that I liked him. In fact, other than DDLJ i probably hated, or atleast, intensely disliked, most of his other movies. But seeing the tribute to him yesterday. Seeing another hopelessly stupid romantic movie with nothing close to reality in it made me realize that what went with him was a part of my childhood. Yash Chopra's death is the end of an era. To me, it is the end of my era. In our world of rationality and new age cinema I don't think we, at least, I, have much time for idle romances. But yesterday I remembered a time, when as a tiny little girl I had watched Sharukh for the first time. I'd believed in true love and fairy tale romances. I'd been besotted by Sharukh's boyish good looks (back then) and his charm and had wished deeply that i could have a guy just like him. 

tujhe dekha to yeh jaana sanam. pyaar hota hai deewana sanam.

No comments:

Post a Comment